home recording of an acoustic guitars + electric piano version of the song scheduled for january 4th. the track will be published on the same day here + on deezer. video streaming of the whole recording session available on this site. note it down or something.
the record is out but we ain’t happy about it. at all. it’s nowhere near where we wanted it to be, most vocals are shaky, the guitars have been barely overdubbed, many drum fills are questionable in their execution. overall, we all agree the songs deserve a lot better than that.
so what are we gonna do about it? a few things.
1. fire the sound engineer, the guy who created the ideal atmosphere for failure
2. buy, install and learn how to use pro tools
3. set up a silent home studio and re-record all tracks except for the drums and some bass lines
4. take a year if it takes a year
5. print the album on vinyl only, target is to release it by next christmas
6. no more studio rehearsals except before live gigs, we will focus exclusively on songwriting and recording
7. we will work out the individual instrumental tracks down to finest detail, we won’t settle anymore for anything less than perfect. oh, and yeah: we won’t start mixing unless we have at least 40 tracks per song, better 60, even better 90
8. next album is going to be a concept (this one is a concept too, about being psychopaths actually, but next one will tell a story too)
9. did I mention we need to fire the motherfucking sound engineer? yeah, well, if he’s an engineer then we must be, dunno, astronauts at least. he must go
stay tuned and thanks for the continued support
long live the unfathomable fuck yous
happy new year to all faithful fuckyouers around the world
01. just say it >>
02. monday song >>
03. oh shut up mother >>
04. sheena ain’t awesome no more >>
05. status song >>
06. she’s mean >>
07. normal for a second >>
08. maggie said >>
09. eileen >>
10. 2nd of december >>
all songs written, performed and produced by the fuck yous
molecole / livefast / sk_8 / zukko
cover art by astutillo smeriglia >
silvia, sara, virginia, lalo: thanks
other bands: you suck, just quit
as everyone knows, best kept secrets are those everyone knows
© the fuck yous / sporrex glove records 2013
download full lyrics (in the unlikely event you actually gave a shit)
all tracks properly defined and recorded. a little magic mixing and mastering and there you go suckers: the second album will be out in less than a month. we’re thrilled, you ain’t. you should, though.
the band started yesterday rehearsing seven new songs, five of which will be recorded in november for “traurige wehinach”, the follow up to “meat the fuck yous” scheduled to be released around christmas. numbers rehearsed included “2nd of december”, “maggie said” and a new 4 minute track tentatively titled “the white”. autumn shows to be announced soon. stay tuned.